We’re halfway to the weekend, and that means it’s time to start preparing. It snuck up on us quickly, but it’s here – this Sunday, June 19th, is Father’s Day. Here’s a list of awesome places to take your Father/husband/man-in-your-life-who-you-think-deserves-special-attention this weekend:
First on the menu are some places you can go for a great meal for Father’s Day on Sunday, June 19th:
- Highway 61 Roadhouse in Webster Groves, is hosting a special for Father’s Day weekend. Bring your dad in with his ugliest tie and he’ll receive half off his meal (with purchase of entree or brunch). They will also have brunch on Sunday from 9am-1pm.
- Fleming’s Steakhouse is treating dad to a 3-course pre-fixe dinner for $85 from June 17-19. They will also be giving out $25 dining cards. Menu items include roasted King Crab, Tomawawk steak, russet potato tots, and chocolate souffle.
- Anheuser-Busch Biergarten: From 9am-1pm on Sunday, the Biergarten will offer a delicious buffet featuring waffles, biscuits and gravy, grilled chicken, ribs, salad and an omelet station. The famous Biergarten pretzels will also be served. Cost: $25 for adults, $15 for children aged 4-15. Children under 3 eat free with paying adults. As a special present, dads will receive a free alcoholic drink as well.
- Bristol Seafood in Creve Coeur, is hosting a Sunday brunch from 9am-3pm. They’ll have a prime rib station, smoked fish, a cold seafood bar, an omelet bar, tons of sides, and desserts. And the price is pretty good. $32 for adults, $16 for kids.
- Patrick’s Westport Grill – Treat dad to brunch. From 9am-3pm, dads can enjoy a full on brunch menu: Omelet Station, Eggs Benedict, Biscuits & Gravy, French Toast and other breakfast favorites, plus Shrimp Creole, Fried Chicken, Peel & Eat Shrimp, Meatloaf, Prime Rib Carving Station and other favorites. The cost is $19.95 for adults and $8.95 for kids.
- The Melting Pot – University City is offering an awesome Father’s Day Feast. Dads will enjoy a 4-course Father’s Feast featuring an all-meat entree for just $29 and it includes an O’Fallon beer.
- Drunken Fish – Dads get a free item with $25 purchase. If your dad loves sushi, this is a great place to eat out on Father’s Day. Dads can choose any of the following items during lunch to get free: Superman Roll, Spiderman Roll, White Tiger Roll, or Salmon or Chicken Teriyaki.
- Gateway Arch Riverboat Brunch Cruise: This Sunday brunch cruise includes Dixieland Music and a brunch menu of Prime Rib, Cheese Blintzes, French Toast, pasta, salad, cakes and more. The cruise departs at 1pm. Cost is $45 for adults and $18 for children (3-12).
What else can you do with dad this weekend?
If your dad’s a car enthusiast: Check out the Kimmswick Auto Show in Kimmswick, MO from 10am-5pm. You can start by treating him to a lunch at The Dough Depot Cafe, The Tin Cup Bistro, or The Blue Owl Restaurant and Bakery. Then head out with full bellies to stroll the streets of Kimmswick and admire all the vintage cars on display.
If your dad’s into fitness: Go! St. Louis is hosting their All American 5K & Fun Run this Sunday, June 19th complete with apple pie and ice cream. The 5K starts at 7:30am, Fun Run starts at 8:30am. Pay for your dad’s entry fee (5K-$30 if you register by 6/16, 1-Mile Fun Run-$18), run with him, jog leisurely behind him, or sit on the sidelines in your lawn chair and cheer him on when he passes by. Either way, it counts as quality time, and everyone wins when you get apple pie and ice cream.
If your dad is a nerd (just kidding, sort of): Take him to the Museum of Transportation near Kirkwood, where he can spend the whole day reveling in the history of transportation…I haven’t been so maybe it’s cooler than I’m imagining. Either way, for one day only, Sunday, June 19th, admission is free. In addition, the Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri will be hosting a Father’s Day Car Show, plus there will be historic trolley rides, handcar rides, and a Mercedes raffle drawing.
If your dad loves music: Take him out to the Bluesy Beer Garden at Pere Marquette featuring live Blues music, slow cooked BBQ pork steak sandwiches, and Shlafly Beer. The event starts at 12pm. There is no admission fee, just come out and enjoy a relaxing day of music.
Oh, and here’s a great Father’s Day Anthem you can share with dad when you take him out on Father’s Day, or you can just send it to him as a fun e-card. It’s pretty hilarious.