Ballpark Village Grand Opening Announced
One of my all time favorite characteristics of St. Louis is its festive nature, its “hardcore-party more” attitude. We St. Louisans can turn any occasion into a big deal… and a perfect excuse for excessive amounts of beer. Holidays, local happenings, hometown sporting events–you name it, and we know how to celebrate it. I love that about St. Louis. I think I can speak for my city when I say that one thing we are undyingly festive about is our beloved baseball team, the St. Louis Cardinals. Go, BIRDS!
This week the St. Louis Cardinals and The Cordish Companies released some exciting news we’ve all been waiting for–the grand opening of Ballpark Village. The $100 million “first phase” of this 120,000 square foot multi-story project is sure to be one of the most lively entertainment and dining spaces of downtown St. Louis. Below are some of the main attractions in Ballpark Village:
1. Cardinals Nation, featuring a restaurant & bar, a Cardinals Hall of Fame & Museum, a Cardinals Authentics retail shop, and a 334 seat roof top deck with an incredible view of the ballpark!
2. Budweiser Brew House, offering a beer and dining experience that all Cards fans will love. It includes an outdoor beer garden and roof top deck.
3. FOX Sports Midwest Live!, a 20,000 square foot central plaza featuring a stage for live performances, a 40 ft LED screen, and the largest retractable roof in the midwest! It also includes a restaurant for dining and a VIP seating area for watching the game.
4. PBR (Professional Bull Riders) St. Louis – A Cowboy Bar, a nightlife experience with a bit of country twang! This venue includes a dance floor, a lounge area, private balconies, and *drumroll please* a mechanical bull. The Barn at PBR is the live music portion of the bar and will feature live music every Thursday & Friday night, starting with Justin Moore on March 27th.
5. Howl at the Moon, a high energy nightlife venue centered around live music! Entertainers will perform a variety of music on dueling pianos, guitars, and more.
Other attractions include The Drunken Fish, Tengo Hambre, and Ted Drewes.
Festivities begin on March 27th and a list of grand opening events can be found on the Ballpark Village website. Here, the festive nature of our city and the spirit of Cardinals baseball collide, creating the ultimate Cards fan experience. Get pumped, St. Louisans! Many good times are soon to be had! #hardcorepartymoreSTL