What’s Open On Christmas Around St. Louis?
**THIS POST IS FROM LAST YEAR. SEE THE 2017 VERSION**
We all know that many Chinese restaurants are open on Christmas, but have you ever wondered what else is open on Christmas day?You could be missing some great stuff…or maybe not. Maybe you can start a new family tradition!
Here are a few places in St. Louis that are open on Christmas day 2016:
- Steinberg Skating Rink (Forest Park) – nothing would be more fun than outdoor skating on Christmas Day! Open 10am to midnight. The Snowflake Cafe will also be open.
Hidden Valley Ski Resort (Wildwood) – Open 9am-4pm on Christmas Eve and 4pm-9pm on Christmas Day. Check their website before heading out to make sure they have snow.
3. Dave & Buster’s St. Louis- Great holiday hours:
CHRISTMAS EVE 10AM-5PM
CHRISTMAS DAY 5PM-11PM
NEW YEAR’S EVE 10AM-1AM
- Movie Theaters – why not check out a movie? Fences, Hidden Figures, and La La Land are among the movies that will be opening on Christmas Day!
Sing and Passengers also opened earlier this week. Check out our Christmas Movie Guide.
- Many of the Holiday light displays are open. Check out the options here.
Many restaurants around St. Louis are open for brunch and/or dinner: McCormick & Schmick’s, Morton’s, Porter’s Steakhouse, Stir Crazy, Uncle Bill’s Pancake House, Charlie Gitto’s at Hollywood Casino, 1904 Steakhouse and The Beerhouse at River City Casino, Cielo Restaurant and Bar (open for brunch), Hilton St. Louis Frontenac offering a brunch, Eclipse Restaurant, and The Ritz-Carlton Grill in Clayton to name a few. Make your reservation now on Open Table!
9. Chase Park Plaza is hosting a Christmas brunch from 10am-2pm. Santa will be available for photos as well as Mrs’ Claus for storytime. The brunch menu will include: a grand seafood display with Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Snow Crab Claws, Smoked & Poached Salmon, breakfast items including: Classic Eggs Benedict, Omelets Made to Order, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Country Sausage Links, Spinach Gruyere, Quiche, and accompaniments including salads, fresh season food and artisan cheese carvery, soups, sides and pastries. Call for reservations.
10. Pere Marquette Lodge is having a special Christmas Feast – The weather outside is frightful, but the Christmas Feast at Pere Marquette Lodge is so delightful! Event is Sunday, December 25th from 10am – 4pm. Let us do the work while you enjoy our fabulous, mouth-watering spread! Brunch Prices: Children 0-3: FREE, Children 4-11: $9.95, Adults 12 & Up: $26.95. Parties of 6 or more please call 618-786-2331 to make your reservations.
11. Casinos – hmm, I think I’ve spent enough money this month.
Please share any other places you know of that stay open on Christmas!
Enjoy the Holiday!
Brought to you by Mills Apartments