Where To Watch The 2018 Kentucky Derby Around St. Louis

Ryan
200 days ago.

What You Need To Know About The 2018 Kentucky Derby Saturday

And Where To Watch It Around St. Louis

The 144th running of the Kentucky Derby takes place this Saturday, May 5th. Here’s what you need to know ahead of the 2018 Kentucky Derby and some of the best places around St. Louis to watch it.

While coverage on NBC will start at 2:30 pm.  the two minutes of racing won’t take place until much later in the day. Post time for the race is set for 5:34pm (St. Louis time) with the actual racing not taking place until 5:46 pm.

Where to watch the 2018 Kentucky Derby around St. Louis on May 5

Can Justify Or My Boy Jack Take The $1.24 Million Saturday?

The purse for the 2018 Kentucky Derby is currently at $2 million with the winner taking home 62% of the purse. The rest of the top five finishers then splity the other 38%. It’s safe to say that a lot more than $2 million will be bet on the race.

VegasInsider.com currently lists Justify at 3/1 odds to win the Derby. He’s among several owned by the China Horse Club, which no one seems to know much about.

My Boy Jack sat at 30/1 odds when betting opened earlier this week, but has since moved to 5/1. The racing analyst for Churchill Downs told USA TODAY that his improved odds might not be based on anything except a couple large bets placed on him.

If you can find somewhere to place this bet, it might be a good idea to bet that a horse sired by Scat Daddy will take the roses. He has four offspring in the field.

Where To Watch The Kentucky Derby Around St. Louis

The Kentucky Derby is a big sporting event and St. Louis is a big sports town so, of course there are plenty of places to watch it around town.

Ballpark Village downtown definitely has the biggest television to watch the race on.

Molly’s In Soulard will be hosting a Kentucky Derby Big Hat Party Saturday from 3-8 pm with plenty of Old Forester 86 Mint Juleps and Kentucky Hot Brown sandwiches on special.

360 St. Louis wants you to watch “the fastest two minutes in sports from 400 feet above St. Louis” Saturday. Tickets to the Derby Day Party are $45 with 10% of the price going to Make-A-Wish Missouri.

Want a party in the middle of a neighborhood that might be as much of a party Saturday as the Churchill Downs infield? Head down to Cherokee Street Derby De Mayo at Whiskey Ring on Cherokee Street is your jam. The event is free and open to the public, but you can buy a $50 wrist band for UNLIMITED Maker’s Mark Mint Juleps and a souvenir mug.

Sanctuaria hosts one of the classiest Derby celebrations in St. Louis. Their Derby Day Watch Party includes drink specials, southern-themed small plates and mixologist Matt Seiter. Also, our Instagram infatuation has shown us that Sancuaria’s bar manager, Andy, also makes some really pretty cocktails.

Do you want to really feel like you are at Churchill Downs, but can’t get to Kentucky? Head over to Fairmount Park Racetrack. They will have horses racing as well as a Derby party with big hats, mint juleps and more. They might not have a $1,000 mint julep though.

Brought to you by Mills Apartments

Ryan

Ryan is a weird dude. He doesn't cook, yet owns a plethora of kitchen gadgets. He rationalized buying a SodaStream while unemployed. He counts Step Up 2: The Streets as one of his favorite movies along with Footloose, Rent, Grease and Paul Blart: Mall Cop. He loves Mizzou but only wants them in the SEC so he can tailgate in Nashville. He owns a ShakeWeight and AbLounger, but still loves him some John Donut and Billie's Fine Foods. You can get more of Ryan at iLoveSoulard.com or just check the stool on the far end of the bar at iTap in Soulard.

More Posts - Website

Follow Me:
TwitterFacebookYouTube