Laurence Bowers & DeMarre Carroll Are Bringing Former Tiger Stars Back For The Mizzou Alumni Basketball Game On July 22
Mizzou fans are in for a treat on July 22. DeMarre Carroll and Laurence Bowers bringing some of the biggest stars in the history of the basketball and football programs back for an alumni basketball game to benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Columbia, Granny’s House and The Carroll Family Foundation.
The Carroll & Bowers Alumni Game is set for 1 pm on July 22 at Mizzou Arena. Doors will open at 11:30 am with alumni participants available for autographs until 12:30 pm. Tickets will be available at Mizzou Arena on the day of the game in exchange for a $5 donation to the beneficiaries.
Carroll and Bowers announced the alumni game back in March and have been announcing participants periodically since.
— Laurence Bowers (@LBowers_21) March 14, 2017
The following alumni from the football and basketball programs at the University of Missouri-Columbia have been announced as participating in the July 22 game at Mizzou Arena.
- Sean Weatherspoon Football 2006-09
- William Moore Football 2005-08
- Justin Gage Football/Basketball 1999-2002 FB
- Martin Rucker Football 2004-07
- DeMarre Carroll Basketball 2007-09
- Laurence Bowers Basketball 2008-13
- Rickey Paulding Basketball 2000-04
- Ricardo Ratliffe Basketball 2010-12
- Kareem Rush Basketball 2000-02
- Melvin Booker Basketball 1990-94
- Arthur Johnson Basketball 2000-04
- Jason Sutherland Basketball 1993-97
- Tony Temple Football 2004-07
- Will Franklin Football 2004-07
- Zaire Taylor Basketball 2008-2010
- Travon Bryant Basketball 2000-04
- Marcus Denmon Basketball 2008-2012
- Jimmy McKinney Basketball 2002-06
- Tommy Saunders Football 2005-08
- Jerrell Jackson Football 2008-11
- Brad Ekwerekwu Football 2003-06
- Michael Egnew Football 2008-11
- Jarrett Sutton Basketball 2008-12
- Brian Grawer Basketball 1997-01
- Kony Ealy Football 2011-13
- Steve Moore Basketball 2008-12
More players have committed to participate and will be announced in the coming days.
On Saturday night following the game, the 1st Annual DeMarre Carroll and Laurence Bowers’ Charity Gala Dinner will be held at the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Columbia. Individual tickets and sponsorships are available for the event.
Bowers continues to play basketball overseas and in the off-season, hosts basketball camps and fulfills speaking engagements through his company, LBO Sports. Laurence recently completed a Camp Bowers session in Columbia and has camps scheduled for later this month in Jefferson City, Missouri and Memphis, Tennessee.
Laurence Bowers recently joined Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com on his podcast.
— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) June 28, 2017
DeMarre Carroll recently finished his eighth season in the NBA. The “Junkyard Dog” was selected 27th overall in the 2009 NBA Draft by the Memphis Grizzlies. Before being traded earlier this month to the Brooklyn Nets, Carroll parlayed a solid two seasons in Atlanta into a 4-year, $60 million free agent contract from Toronto.
The University of Missouri mens’ basketball team will open the 2017-2018 regular season on November 10 against Iowa State at Mizzou Arena. The addition Michael Porter Jr., projected to be the #1 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, as well as players like Kassius Robertson, C.J. Roberts, Blake Harris and Jeremiah Tilmon – as well as the return of Terrence Phillips, Jordan Barnett, Kevin Puryear and company – has built a buzz around the program not seen in years.
Brought to you by Mills Apartments