I have a guilty pleasure. I admit it and I need help. I need to belong to Kindle Anonymous. I have a Kindle obsession and I love to read!
What’s wrong with having a Kindle obsession and how can you tell if someone you know is suffering from it? Baggy eyes and a lack of sleep is your first clue!
I am totally into reading books that are part of a series. Unfortunately, that makes the obsession worse because you can never get enough of your favorite authors and you always want to see what your characters are going to do next. I love suspense and crime thrillers. Throw in a good serial killer and I’m hooked! Love me some Patrica Cornwell and her Kay Scarpetta series!
Need a great series to sink your teeth into and make you bleary-eyed in the morning? Here are the first books in some popular book series:
- Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich
- Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown
- The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfus
- 1st to Die (Women’s Murder Club, #1) by James Patterson
- Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs
- Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella
- Bridget Jones’s Diary (Bridget Jones, #1) by Helen Fielding
- The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon
- Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts
- Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher
- Dark Witch (The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts
- Letting Go (Mitchell Family, #1) by Jennifer Foor
- The Nanny Diaries (Nanny, #1) by Emma McLaughlin
- On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young
- Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta, #1) by Patricia Cornwell
- Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, #1) by Janet Evanovich
- Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) by Dean Koontz
- The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth’s Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel
- The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King
- Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) by James Patterson
- Death of an Old Git (The Falconer Files, #1) by Andrea Frazer
- The Bones of Odin (Matt Drake, #1) by David Leadbeater
- Assassin’s Creed: Renaissance (Assassin’s Creed, #1) by Oliver Bowden
Get more great ideas for your book club, kids, or holiday giving at Goodreads.
Need a Kindle? Amazon really has some great deals on the no-frills Kindle and the Kindle Paperwhite. Amazon also now has the Kindle Voyage as well. Need something a little more robust that can replace any other tablets you have? You need a Kindle Fire tablet.
Don’t want to wait for your Kindle or Fire to arrive before diving into these reads? Check out the Kindle Reading App.
Amazon also recently rolled out a new service called Kindle Unlimited that gives Kindle users access to 800,000 e-books and thousands of audio books.
Charge up the Kindle. These will take a while. It looks like a long night!