All Hallows’ Eve is today and the even better part is that it’s Friday. What a great opportunity for an impromptu Halloween gathering.
Here are some fun ideas and quick recipes with ingredients that are most likely in your kitchen if you decide to stay in the neighborhood and hang out in your driveway with family and friends.
- Skeleton Pudding Cups– made with instant pudding, crushed Halloween Oreos, candy pumpkins, and skeleton decorations you can get from Walgreens.
- Halloween Eye-of-Newt – made with hard-boiled eggs, green food coloring, mayo, mustard, and olives.
- Black Halloween Punch– made with grape and orange Kool-Aid, sugar, water, and ginger ale.
- Mummy Hot Dogs – made with hot dogs, crescent rolls, sliced cheese, and candy eyes.
If you decide you want to pull the portable fire pit out onto the drive-way, make sure to bundle up for this night will be wicked cold. Here is a tip from the Smother (as my kids affectionately refer to me) : When buying the kiddos costumes, buy a size larger for two reasons – 1. So you can dress them up in warm clothes underneath the costume. 2. So they can continue to play dress up during the year without growing out of it.
When you decide to come in from the cold, make sure all TVs in the house have spooky movies on or spooky music is playing in the background as you go through all the kiddos’ candy. (A safety tip from the Smother: make sure to remove all opened packages and hand-made candies as a precaution).
- AMC is showing the entire Halloween series of movies all day as part of their Fear Fest. (very spooky)
- ABC Family will be showing Dark Shadows, Beetlejuice, and Casper on Friday night.
- Netflix has a bunch of scary choices ranging from Carrie (the original), Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Netflix also has some not-so-scary scary movies for your little monsters like Casper, The Nightmare before Christmas, and Escape to Witch Mountain.
Do you have any grand plans this evening? Are you going to be the host with the most? If you have some great ideas for what you have cooked up, please share.
Whether you are going out to the hottest party in town or staying closer to home, have a fun and safe night. Please watch for the little ghouls and goblins that will be out and about.
If you’re planning a night out, there are some great costume parties happening around town: Best Halloween Parties
And here are some costume ideas for those last minute planners: Top Halloween Costumes