I walk into a clothing store and my anxiety kicks in immediately. No, wait. I even think about needing to go out to purchase clothing and my anxiety spikes.
I have never been considered a clothing trendsetter unless a cardigan-for-every-outfit is making a raging comeback. Now, if someone shows me cute outfit choices, I can clearly state what I like or don’t like. The only problem I seem to have is executing a purchase of items that I end up liking for the long-term. I am also very guilty of purchasing most of my wardrobe at Target. While this is cost-effective in the short-term, I have noticed that my clothes never last very long thus perpetuating my need for new items and anxiety to flare much more often.
Am I the only female out there with shopping anxiety? Am I missing the shopping gene?
Well, if any of the description above sounds like you, I found the perfect solution. You get to mix shopping online (which seems to ease my anxiety a bit anyway) with your very own personal stylist. I am not lying! Did you ever think you could afford a personal stylist? Me either.
I discovered Stitch Fix a few weeks ago from an article online. It is my dream come true. Here is how it works.
- Sign up.
- Fill out a profile with all your measurements and answer questions about what you typically like/dislike. You can also give them your budget to make sure you can afford the items they send.
- Link your online profiles. The one that works best is linking your “My Style” Pinterest board. This does require actually adding pictures of the styles you like to said Pinterest board.
- You pay a nonrefundable $20 for your stylist to pick clothes for you.
- Schedule your first shipment.
- Your package arrives and you have 3 days to decide what you like. Then, you only pay for the items you decide to keep. If you purchase any of the items, your initial $20 gets applied to your order. If you don’t like any of the items, you’re only out $20. If you happen to purchase all your items (as I did) you get 25% off your entire purchase!
- Upon purchase, you offer feedback on all the items to help them get your personal style and sizing more perfected.
In addition to my reduced anxiety, I have noticed that this has also made clothing fun again. When my first fix arrived, it was like a party. A few friends came over for some tasty cocktails and a fashion show. I have been exposed to new designers and styles which have pushed me a little out of my comfort zone in a fabulous way. The style cards with each item are incredibly helpful as well as their great blog to help fashion-challenged people like me feel confident when matching and styling. You can check out other reviews (and photos) on their website.
Are you ready for your first fix? Click the image below to get started!
Brought to you by Mills Apartments