Back To School Tips
Back to school…
It’s almost that time again for the kids to go back to school. Both parents and kids are going to have to adjust back to the every day school schedule. Below are a few fun and helpful back to school ideas to get you started early so that you’re not overwhelmed when the first school day comes around.
1. Start pushing bed time back to the normal hours rather than the late night summer hours and start waking the kids up earlier. This will avoid cranky(er) kids come the first day of school and help them get into the routine slowly.
2. Include the kids in the back to school shopping. Picking out new school supplies and clothes is part of the fun of going back to school. There are a lot of great sales right now. Don’t forget to put your child’s name on all supplies so they don’t get lost.
3. Make a fun gift for teachers and friends. I found a couple of really cute ideas on Pinterest.
4. Stock the fridge with healthy lunch items and snacks. I have also heard parents say they make a big batch of wheat pancakes with fruit and freeze them. That way when you are in a rush in the morning, the kids can pull out a pancake and heat it in the toaster or microwave. It is a healthy and filling breakfast to help get them through the day. Make lunches fun and plan ahead.
5. Start getting your kids in the habit of laying out their clothes and anything that they may need for school the night before. This is a huge time saver even if you don’t have kids in school.
6. Last but not least, take a first day of school picture and then another one on the last day of school. You will be amazed at how much they change in a year. I plan on taking them every year as a keepsake.
Do you have any great back to school tips to share?
Brought to you by Mills Properties