We all know that many Chinese restaurants are open on Christmas, but have you ever wondered what else is open on Christmas day? You could be missing some great stuff…or maybe not. Maybe you can start a new family tradition! Here are a few places in St. Louis that are open on Christmas day 2012:
1. Steinberg Skating Rink (Forest Park) – nothing would be more fun than outdoor skating on Christmas Day and it is supposed to be in the low 40′s – so not bitterly cold!
2. Hidden Valley Ski Resort (Wildwood) – Just completed $2 million expansion! Open Christmas from 9am-8pm but call to make sure they have snow.
3. Movie Theaters – why not check out a movie? Now Playing: Les Miserables (see below), The Hobbit, and Jack Reacher!
4. Walgreens – great for last minute gifts!
5. Casinos – hmm, I think I’ve spent enough money this month.
7. Many Starbucks and McDonald’s locations will also be open in the area this year.
8. Many restaurants around St. Louis are open for brunch and/or dinner: McCormick & Schmick’s is open 12-8pm, Pere Marquette Lodge has a Christmas Day feast, Charlie Gitto’s at Hollywood Casino, Eclipse in The Loop, Grbic in Dutchtown, Kelly English Steakhouse at the Hollywood Casino, Porter’s Steakhouse in Collinsville IL, Prime Steakhouse at the Casino Queen, Stadium Sports Bar & Grill at Lumiere, Cafe Eau in the CWE, and 400 Olive at the Hilton downtown to name a few. Make your reservation now on Open Table!
Please share any other places you know of that stay open on Christmas!
Enjoy the Holiday!
Photo courtesy of The Dassler Effect Brought to you by Mills Properties