Halloween is a fun holiday for all to enjoy. A big tradition is carving the pumpkin, but for me it never goes like I envisioned. So this year I decided to take a different approach by simply decorating my pumpkin. While on my search for the perfect pumpkin decorating idea, I ran across some amazing party ideas as well. Pinterest is the place to look when you need a great idea.
- Buy a white pumpkin and glue broken crayons around the stem. Then turn your hair dryer on high and watch the colors melt down the side of the pumpkin. Genius! Why didn’t I think of this?
- Paint your pumpkin in chalk board paint and then draw a design or write a cute little spooky poem.
- Wrap your pumpkin in colored tulle and tie a bow at the stem with ribbon.
- Paint your pumpkin your favorite color. Then lightly rub off some of the paint to give it a rustic look. You could use this pumpkin as indoor party décor or for outdoors.
- Need a wreath for your front door? Well I found this amazing wreath made from ping-pong balls and glue-on eyes. Very creepy!
- For a great center piece, paint a vase black and get white flowers (fake or real), then cover the flowers with fake spiders. Spoooky!
- I also like the idea of using a small pumpkin as a dip bowl. Just carve out the insides, pour in some dip and you’re done!
- For a spooky drink, you can make punch with or without alcohol and add some dry ice to give it a spooky effect. If you can’t find dry ice, fill a plastic glove with water and freeze over night. Add it to your punch bowl and you have a floating hand!
- Another really great idea is to use a toilet paper roll or paper towel roll and cut eye shapes into it. Then add a glow stick, which you can find cheap at Target. Hide them in the bushes around the house. It will really freak your guests out!
- Last but not least, make some mummy dogs as an appetizer. A hot dog with crescent roll is easy and fun.
These are a few of my favorites for Halloween. What are some of yours? I always love a new genius idea. Send us pictures of how your party and pumpkin look.Brought to you by Mills Apartments Some photos & ideas courtesy of Number-2-pencil.com, Bravegirlsclub.com. Swelldesigner.blogspot.com