One of my favorite events in St. Louis is The Great Forest Park Balloon Race. This year celebrates it’s 41st anniversary, which begins Friday September 20th. All the events are free and open to the public. You can even bring your pet, cooler and blanket. This race is unique because it has over 70 balloons, is held in the middle of a major city and is the most attended one-day balloon race in the country.
The event begins with the balloon glow from 7pm-9:15pm with a fireworks display at 9:15pm. Be sure to get there early if you want a good spot. When the balloons are about to light up, you will hear a horn, then watch all the balloons light up at the same time. It’s really amazing to see! You can also walk around and get an up close and personal look at each beautiful balloon. They will also have food and drink stands available.
Plan on spending the entire day in Forest Park because there is so much going on throughout the day. Check out the agenda:
- 12:00pm: Festivities begin! Purina Pro Plan Children’s Entertainment Area & Incredible Dogs, Food Courts, Pony Rides, Farmers Insurance Kids ID, Huge human chess board, Live Music, Energizer Bunny ears and more.
- 1:00pm: School of Rock Entertainment Stage Opens
- 2:00pm: Wehrenberg/Suburban Journals Photo Contest
- 3:00pm: Miller Lite Skydivers
- 3:30pm: Opening Ceremonies
- 4:30pm: Energizer Hot “Hare” Balloon Launch
- 4:45pm: “Hound” Balloon Launch begins
Just in case there is rain on Saturday, they will hold the festivities on Sunday, September 22nd, so don’t make other plans just yet.
Fun Children’s Activities
The Magic House Tent
Juggler & Stilt Walker
Magic Tent (up close Magic in the Kids area)
Josh with Kaput Clowning
Kids Inflatable’s & Games – 62 Sports
Gateway Kids Trampoline Demonstration
I personally love this event because it is so interactive and exciting for any age. Don’t miss a great time in Forest Park this weekend!
Brought to you by Mills Properties