And let me tell you why.
#1. It’s hot outside and Dave & Busters is indoors and has air conditioning.
#2. They just came out with 10 new Summer games and through this Sunday, July 1st, they are giving everyone who purchases a Powercard of any amount (I think they start at $10) 2 free plays on 3 of their newest games. Coincidentally, the 3 games they are letting you play for free are the most fun! Dirty Drivin’, Speed of Light and Quad Air-the new 4 player air hockey game. Also, if you eat before you play, you get a survey, which if you can fill out right away, you can get $10 free game play with purchase of $10 game play.
#3. They have delicious drinks and great Happy Hour specials. A couple of members of the blogger team just went out there last night to try some of their new promo items and first let me say (if you are 21 or over) you must try the Strawberry Marshmallow shake. It’s got the Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka. It was heaven! Second, their Happy Hour is from 4:30-7pm, which is a pretty long happy hour. And I think I heard the draft beers are only $1 during happy hour. They also have 1/2 price cocktails. Then from 10pm-close, they have another Happy Hour with 1/2 price cocktails and beer and wine specials.
#4. They have a new menu with tons of new food items. If you’re bringing the kids, they have pretzel dogs, which are mini hot dogs wrapped inside a soft pretzel dough. The kids will love these! They also have this new “appetizer” (it’s basically more like a meal for 5) called the 5:15 appetizer, which comes with everything you can think of: wings, quesadillas, pretzel dogs, fried shrimp and BBQ chips (see the pictures below). Besides the new menu items, there’s also a full 5 or 6 page menu with a ridiculous amount of food choices. If you’re trying not to spend too much money, they have this Eat & Play Combo where you get to choose from 8 different entrees and you get your entree plus a $10 game card, all for only $15.99. One of the choices is the Fried Shrimp Platter – which was a huge hit for everyone at our table when we ate there.
#5. It’s Fun! They literally have so many games, I didn’t know where to start.
- If you’re in it for the tickets to win some cool prizes, they have some really cool prizes to win! They also have such a variety of games that you won’t get bored playing the same 5 games while trying to build up your tickets. My recommendations for good ticket builders are The Tower of Power (it’s not that hard to hit the bonus and I won 250 tickets on the 2nd try) and the new game Spin Out. Ryan, our master football thrower won a ridiculous amount of tickets on the NFL football throw game and of course, a must play – the oldie but goodie, Ski Ball.
- If you’re in it for the fun and competition, the old school Pac Man game was fun! It’s a competition and you can play with up to 4 people at a time and your Pac Mans can eat each other! Then the new Dirty Drivin’ game was tons of fun! We all had to get in on it. Speed of Light (also new) is a high energy game-it’s hard to explain, watch the video and you’ll see. And they have a whole little separate room for the virtual golf game, which looked really fun (but we didn’t try it).
Pictures from our day at Dave & Busters:
Tips from some new to the Dave & Busters scene team:
- Unless you like sit down, relaxed, not very fun games, I don’t recommend playing the new Connect 4.
- If you don’t already know how to play Dance Dance Revolution, I recommend asking someone who works at Dave & Busters how to play their dance game: Pump It Up, or your game may be this short:
- Take advantage of the happy hour drink specials as the regular drink prices aren’t cheap.
- Get the Fried Shrimp. It’s delicious!
- Go on Wednesdays. They have 1/2 price games and it’s not as crowded as the weekend.
If you’re a Dave & Busters connoisseur, I’d love some additional tips on how to get the most tickets. I have my eye on this talking mustache I saw in the prize room that I need to go back and win.Mills Properties