My friend shared a really neat recipe with me not too long ago that I’ve learned to love because it’s tasty, cheap and uses things in your cabinets you may forget about.
I’m going to tell you how I make it but you can vary the recipe by what you have in your cabinets or what you like to eat.
To start things off, you’ll need some ingredients commonly found in most kitchens:
That’s it! Can you believe it?
Ok, now if you like life a little more spicy, here are my personal choices for add-ins.
*1 can diced tomatoes
*1 can of black or pinto beans
*1 can of corn
Ok people, if you own a wok, now is the time to use it. It’s perfect for cooking the meat and adding in all ingredients while only dirtying one cooking dish. If you don’t own a wok or pot that you can cook meat and soups then you’ll have to use a frying pan to cook your meat and then a soup pot for the rest. Your choice depending on your kitchen utensils. 🙂
1. Put ground turkey, garlic, onions and pepper in a pan or pot of your choice and cook until turkey is done.
2. Add both cans of tomato soup plus 2 cans of water to your ground turkey. Also add the can of diced tomatoes and about 1/2 a cup of picante sauce.
3. Cut 5-6 tortillas into little bite-sized squares and throw them into the mix.
4. Shake some Tabasco sauce in the mix. (Yummy.)
5. Let mix simmer for about 5-6 minutes so the tortilla squares soak up some water and puff a little bit.
6. While you are waiting the 5-6 minutes for this to simmer, I would suggest draining and rinsing your beans. Maybe have a Corona with lime while you are waiting.
7. Add in corn and beans and simmer for another 4-5 minutes so they warm up.
8. While waiting for this so simmer, take a little taste. If it needs more Tabasco, salt or pepper or any other spice you like, add it now.
9. Sprinkle your cheese of choice on top.
10. Eat that tasty meal and have another Corona. You deserve it!Brought to you by Mills Properties